The Geneva Town Council, in 2019 went to an elected 5 Council seat position. In the past, always being a 3-seat position, times of change and growth encouraged the research and need for 2 additional seats. In 2018, the movement was set and during the November General election, the public question was put on the ballot. Passed with success, today, the 5 Council positions are: 1 per precinct (1 through 3) and 2 At Large. Each is elected to a 4-year term and each represents a given district in the Corporate Limits. The current Council for the Town of Geneva is:
- Mrs. Schoch serves as the Council's President. She was first elected to Council in 2015. She represents District 2 which geographically is everything on the east side of US HWY 27 and north of Line Street. Mrs. Schoch began her second term in Jan. 2019, this current term will expire Dec. 31, 2022.
- Mr. Schwartz was elected in 2020. Marvin seat on the Council is an At Large seat, meaning the he is a represenative for the whole down, not just his distict. Mr Schwatz's term will expire December 31, 2024.
- Mr. Timmons currently serves as the Council's Vice President. Timmons has been serving on Council since 1996 and represents District 3. Timmons has also served in the capacities of member and President as well. District 1 geographically is everything which is located south of State Road 116 on both sides of US HWY 27. In 2019 Timmons was sworn in for an additional four years, with this term expiring Dec. 31, 2022
- Mr. Hendershot was appointed to his position by a vote of existing Council members, following a vote in the 2018 General Public Election to add 2 more positions to Council. Hendershot serves as an At-Large Council member. With successful bid in 2020 election Hendershot current term is Dec. 31, 2024.
- Mr. Mitchel was appointed to his position by a vote of existing Council members, following a vote in the 2018 General Public Election to add 2 more positions to Council. Mitchel serves as an At-Large Council member. Arlen's term will expire Dec.31, 2024.
In 2020 Mitchel successfuly ran for District 1 which is W of US 27 that is N of 116. This seat was vacated by Richard Clutter. Arlen's current term will expire December 31, 2024.